An open letter to Rahul Gandhi

Mananiya Shriman Rahul Gandhiji,
With due respect, sir, I am happy to get an opportunity to communicate with you.  I have always believed that the path to our development will be illuminated by the principles you champion.
A recent incident has brought forth some individuals who have clearly and evidently doubted, by their actions, all that you hold dear and that is the reason for this communication.  I explain the incident below.
I approached my employer requesting them to employ my son in the same position and capacity that I have (I work in a middle management position in an engineering company). I told them that he has all the skills, capabilities & traits as I have, as by virtue of being my son, he has inherited them biologically. He has also been exposed to discussions on the work I do and is at home with the culture of my organization. I gave them enough proof that he has all the qualities which make him as suitable for job as I am.
Surprisingly, sir, they declined.
What was more demeaning was the reason given. They said that they employ only engineering graduates and that too as trainees. 
I did explain to them that the qualification and experience are meaningless & irrelevant and are not more important than the legacy, inheritance and heritage. But they looked at me with much bewilderment and told me to get lost.
I tried to work on the next available course of action. I went to the college where I did my engineering and requested them to grant an engineering degree to my son. I explained to them that I had passed the course with flying colors, and my son, by virtue of being my legatee, has inherited all the knowledge, the skills and obviously the degree.
Shockingly, sir, they too declined. They said that an aspirant has to clear the written tests, GDs and PIs and then go through four years of intense study to become an engineer. Then they added insult to the injury. They said that only those students who have scored more than 50% in 12th qualify to appear for the written test.
I did try to explain to them that a small matter of an unfinished schooling should not come in the way of a birthright. But they gave me a “are you from Mars” look and showed me the door.  
I had no option to go to CBSE but they too declined to provide a mark sheet with sufficient marks to qualify for the engineering entrance exams. They gave me a funny reasoning that to get a mark sheet, one has to appear for the examination, answer questions and get sufficient marks.
Now, that, sir, you will appreciate, may be difficult for an eight year old kid.
Hence my humble request to your goodself to intervene and explain to these ignoramuses the primacy of lineage and family name over intellect, knowledge and skill.
I am copying this communication to other like-minded and specially gifted individuals, who too stand for same principles as you, requesting for their help.

A Loyal Worker
CC  (In alphabetical order): Abhay  Chautala, Ajay  Chautala, Ajay Maken, Akhilesh  Yadav, Anurag Singh Thakur, Bharatsinh Madhavsinh Solanki, Deepa Dasmunsi, Deepender Singh Hooda, Dimple Yadav, Dr. Farooq Abdullah, Dr. Nilesh Narayan Rane, Dushyant Singh, Feroze Varun Gandhi, H.D. Kumaraswamy, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Jayant Chaudhary, Jitin Prasada, Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia, Kanimozi  Karunanidhi, Kuldeep Bishnoi, Kum. Agatha K. Sangma, M K Stalin, M. K. Alagiri, Maneka Gandhi, Mehbooba  Mufti, Meira Kumar, Milind Murli Deora, Naveen  Patnaik, Naveen Jindal, Om Prakash Chautala, Omar  Abdullah, Preneet Kaur, Priya Sunil Dutt, Rabri Devi Yadav, Raj  Thakre, Sachin Pilot, Sandeep Dikshit, Savitri Jindal, Shruti Choudhry, Sonia Gandhi, Sukhbir Singh Badal, Supriya Sadanand Sule, Tathagata Satpathy, Thiru Dayanidhi Maran, Uddhav  Thakre, Vijay Bahuguna, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Yashodhara Raje Scindia

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong for AAP - A letter to Arvind Kejriwal

Bechara's of the world triumph - always; Why bypolls went the way they did.

Superheros and our fight against graft